Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ukulele Repetoire

(I just love that word - repertoire.... rep-e-TWARRRR!)

So I first got my awesome Lanikai LU-21 ukulele in October of 2009. It is now March 2010, meaning 5 months has passed since I first started learning my uke. And I thought it'd be interesting to compose a list of songs I have learned since I started.

Also, to just say how proud I am that I've even gone this far! So many times in my life, I've said "I'm gonna learn something," and then, I get to a certain point, and then I quit.... but I think this is different, because it is relatively easy, and it's REALLY easy, and not a crime, to just say "Okay, I'm bored with this song," and move on to another song.

It also helps that I keep my ukulele on the part of my queensized bed I don't use, so it's easily accessible when I have problems sleeping...

Anyways, on to the song list! (Which will be updated periodically)

(I'm ignoring all the beginner songs like "She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain," cuz seriously, they're lame XD)

Completed songs (for the most part):
~ Leavin' on a Jet Plane
~ I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
~ F.U.N. Song - Spongebob Squarepants XP
~ Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
~ Shit Towne - Live
~ Let My Love Open The Door - Pete Townshend
~ Like A Prayer - Madonna

Works In Progress:
~ Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
~ All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
~ Big City Dreams - NeverShoutNever!
~ Good Riddance - Green Day

No comments:

Post a Comment